Your favorite airplanes can now be on the walls of your home, office or hanger… name written on the canopy rail, markings for your favorite unit, and the weapons load of your choice hanging from the fuselage and wings. Wall Pilot has created thousands of customized aviation graphics from WW II Mustangs to F-35 Lightenings. Creating images takes some time, working directly with customers to make sure every graphic is correct. The draft drawings are shared with customers making sure it meets their 100% satisfaction. Accomplishing the detail of these graphics requires pictures from the customer in most cases, and filling out the questionnaire below to help us get started on the aircraft.
The questionnaire below gives us detailed information needed for aircrew names, time frame and paint schemes, unit markings, and weapons load so our artists can build the graphic. The questionnaire at the bottom of the page is filled and sent directly to the artists. An example of information used to create the F-15E graphic for Anaconda Squeeze Play above was:
- Type of aircraft (F-15E)
- Time Frame (March 2002)
- Left or Right side view (Left side view)
- Paint scheme (Gunship Grey)
- Tail code and tail number (SJ / 88-1701)
- Wing and Squadron (4th Fighter Wing / 335th Fighter Squadron)
- Tail band color (Green with white outline, CHIEFS italicized in white)
- Name on the front canopy rail (None)
- Name on the rear canopy rail (None )
- Weapons on fuselage (GBU-12s on CFTs)
- Weapons on the centerline pylon (GBU-12)
- Weapons on inboard wing pylon (AIM-120C / AIM-9M)
- Weapons on the outboard pylon (None)
- Other special markings (ANACONDA SQUEEZE PLAY nose art and 35 bomb markings (see pictures)
During the drawing process, our artists share the draft graphics to make sure they are 100% correct before sending the image in for printing. Normally a customized graphic takes about two weeks to create.
Here are examples of personalized graphics done for customers.
Our custom graphics start at $300 for a four-foot print, $400 for a six-foot print, and $500 for an eight-footer covering research and creating the graphics. We use Adobe Illustrator for all of our graphics which are then sent as a .pdf file to the printer. Many ask for the unit patches which are added to the vinyl scroll for an additional $30 above the base price.
Our motto is Preserving History, One Aircraft at a Time. Stories from our customers are used in our upcoming podcast series, and they are amazing. An example, the F-15E crew of Anaconda Squeeze Play had never shot the Gatling gun at ground targets in their careers. 04 March 2002 supporting a Navy SEAL Team stuck and surrounded on an Afghan mountain, they had to lay down 20-millimeter bullets within 80 to 100 meters of friendly forces… danger close!
Every aircraft has a story and we want to hear and tell yours.
Now, what aircraft can Wall Pilot draw for you?